Homeopathy Treatment for Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Homeopathy Treatment for Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Reduce intensity & frequency of IBS, naturally without steroids…
IBS or Irritable Bowel Syndrome affects up to one in five individuals in the United States alone. Women have a higher incidence as compared to men, and stress and foodstuff commonly trigger an attack of IBS. Symptoms usually vary from mild constipation to severe diarrhea with associated gases, colic and urgency.
- In short, IBS is a mysterious condition, the cause and course of which cannot be predetermined.
- Homeopathy is probably the mildest and safest form of treatment available. Cases treated over the past 25 years prove that long-term beneficial results with prevention of relapses can be achieved in a large number of patients.
The most recent approach in treating IBS is addressing the overall symptoms of this disease and prescribing a remedy capable of normalizing unfavorable responses to aggravating factors (stress, diet, hormonal etc).
A holistic or constitutional approach, in our opinion, is the only choice of treatment capable of helping this ailment truly. Thus, unlike conventional IBS treatment, homeopathic treatment is a ‘Personalized Approach’.
What can one expect from HRD’s Homeopathic Rx?
- Initially, acute symptoms of diarrhea or constipations can be relieved immediately
- Relapses during the course of treatment are common and subside gradually
- As treatment progresses you can expect the relapses and intensity of symptoms to reduce
- Relapses due to diet and environmental factors can be better handled
- Significant improvement can be expected on completion of 4-6 months of treatment
Improving your Quality of Life
Most individuals suffer in silence or opt for over-the-counter remedies which only help temporarily. Though no treatment can guarantee a 100% cure, you can definitely improve the quality of your life by reducing the intensity and frequency of IBS relapses. We strongly urge IBS suffers globally to consider Homeopathy for its safe, gentle & long-term benefits.
IBS is purely a functional disorder of the intestinal wall muscles. There is no pathological evidence of any visible disease within the colon.
Normally, muscles lining the intestines contract rhythmically forcing the food out of the bowels. In IBS, the contractions are either too strong (fast) or slow, resulting in diarrhea or constipation respectively. There are numerous theories (altered nervous signals, hormonal etc) explaining this faulty mechanism. However there is no tangible evidence supporting the same.
Common triggers of IBS are: (These trigger off an attack of IBS and aren’t the cause of IBS)
- Stress: Emotional factors such as grief, shock, anxiety, nervousness and anticipation
- Food: Dairy products, egg yolk, oily/fried foods, red meat, alcohol, coffee, fats, beverages, chocolates etc
- Drugs: Certain medicines may precipitate an attack of IBS
- Infections: Gastroenteritis or infection within the digestive tract
- Gases / Bloating
- Cramps / Colic
- Nausea / Vomiting
- Constipation or Diarrhea (or alternating)
- Mucous stools
- Sensation of incomplete evacuation
- Weight loss
- Relieving stress / Yoga / Meditation
- Avoiding alteration in food habits
- Exercise regularly
Foods to be avoided: Individuals respond differently to food items and should evaluate specific items which aggravate their condition.
Food items causing gas may be avoided. These are: cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, beans, apple, grapes, artificially sweeteners, carbonated drinks, fats and fermented food.
Alcohol & chocolates tend to increase IBS.
Milk may be avoided when you are lactose intolerant and if milk or milk products aggravate your problem.
Increase: Dietary fiber suited to your needs. Excess fiber may cause diarrhea. Grains, fruits and vegetables may be increased in bouts of constipation.
- Celiac Disease
- Crohn’s Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
Role of Homeopathy
The exact cause of these conditions is unknown and widely a faulty immune response is accepted as the probable cause. Though the precise healing mechanism of homeopathic medicines is unknown, it is widely theorized that homeopathic medicines help by:
- Stimulating the immuner response (like a vaccine) to produce a favorable he aling reaction
- Correcting faulty immune responses to stimuli
- Has Proven to relieve other suspected autoimmune conditions such as:
Alope cia Areata, Psoriasis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Ankylozing Spondilitis, Vitiligo, Thyroiditis...
- Similarly, homeopathy should be opted for suspected autoimmune diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (Crohn's, Celiac, Ulcerative Colitis)
- Homeopathy is a non-steroidal treatment option and can be taken indefinitely without the fear of any side-effects
- Since the above conditions involve a faulty immune response, Homeopathy has distinct role and offers home to those affected. Like numberous other autoimmune conditions (Vitiligo, Thyroid Disease etc) we believe that the autoimmune response can be minimized through homeopathy. In-depth research and clinical case studies need to be conducted in this sphere. Nevertheless, most case streated here experience beneficial results and apositive long-term outcome.